Tuesdays at 10am
February 3 through May 12
This free weekly program lasts 30-45 minutes and includes stories, songs, crafts, and fun in a relaxed setting. Adult caregivers are encouraged to stay and participate. This program is designed for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. It uses the Every Child Ready to Read framework which incorporates simple practices, based on research, to help parents and other caregivers develop early literacy skills in children from birth to age five.
Baby Lapsit Story Hour
Wednesdays at 10am
February 4 through May 13
This free weekly program lasts 30 minutes and emphasizes adult and child interaction through short, colorful books, fingerplay, rhymes, and songs. There is time following the program for babies and adults to interact, engage in creative play, and make new friends. This program is designed for children ages Birth-age 2 and their Adult caregivers. It uses the Every Child Ready to Read framework which incorporates simple practices, based on research, to help parents and other caregivers develop early literacy skills in children from birth to age five.
Lego Building Club
First Wednesday of each month at 6pm
All school-age children are welcome to attend this drop-in program. No registration is required. The library will supply the building blocks at the program.
Promoting play contributes to literacy development by increasing attention span, memory, creativity, and language and vocabulary skills. It also lays the foundation for logical mathematical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving.
The library’s Lego Club is an ideal place for cooperative and constructive problem solving, and fun and creative play. Please join us!
Summer Reading Program 2015
Coming Soon! Join us this summer for….Every Hero Has A Story
Great Links for Children
Web sites just for all our younger library users. Helpful sites to help you with school and learning or to just have some fun while learning.
- Great Websites for Kids– American Library Association
- The Story Home – original and classic children’s audio stories for free.
- Discovery Education Homework Help – Math
- Discovery Education Homework Help – Science
- Discovery Education Homework Help – English
- Discovery Education Homework Help – Social Studies
- Math is Fun – Examples for how to do basic math using text and diagrams.
- Earth Rangers – learn about conservation
- KidsThinkDesign– tools to get young designers going on projects of their own.
- Story Place
Listen to on-line stories.
- National Gallery of Art for Kids – Explore stories in art, take a post card tour of one of the galleries, get directions for art activities and projects
- Time Magazine for Kids
- Funbrain – Educational Activities and Games
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids
- Fred Rogers Center Early Learning Environment
- Generation On
- Kids.gov – The U.S. Government’s Official Web Portal for Kids